Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Salmon Cakes



Can you get a fancy-pants dinner out of a can of cheap pink salmon? Sure you can....
Give Salmon Cakes a try and let me know what you think.

Salmon Cakes Recipe:

1 can pink salmon (or red salmon, if you're feeling luxurious)
1 large egg
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
black pepper
creole pepper
garlic powder
(mix ingredients and shape into cakes. Fry in oil --I usually use extra light olive oil, but any wil do. Cook on medium heat 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown).

Sauce (optional):
Creole mustard (or any kind of fancy-pants mustard)
Plain Greek-style yogurt
dill weed
(mix ingredients to taste ---I tend to go a little musturdy)

4 comments:

  1. Umm this recipe really SUCKS.

    Just kidding. It's delicious, and I'm making it AGAIN today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made salmon cakes just yesterday :^)
    It's always my fallback when I get low on fresh ingredients...but I stopped by the market today so tonight I'm putting together flounder, yucca, and quinoa salad (which is a simple and tasty salad thingamabob and probably a future video).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the recipe! U're real cool, man!

    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this tonight, delicious! So versatile and easy to customize depending on how you’re feeling or what ingredients you’ve got on hand. Chef Buck has great cooking videos and I’ve never been disappointed with any of his recipes. -Wes

    ReplyDelete