Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Salmon Cakes



Can you get a fancy-pants dinner out of a can of cheap pink salmon? Sure you can....
Give Salmon Cakes a try and let me know what you think.

Salmon Cakes Recipe:

1 can pink salmon (or red salmon, if you're feeling luxurious)
1 large egg
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
black pepper
creole pepper
garlic powder
(mix ingredients and shape into cakes. Fry in oil --I usually use extra light olive oil, but any wil do. Cook on medium heat 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown).

Sauce (optional):
Creole mustard (or any kind of fancy-pants mustard)
Plain Greek-style yogurt
dill weed
(mix ingredients to taste ---I tend to go a little musturdy)

3 comments:

  1. Umm this recipe really SUCKS.

    Just kidding. It's delicious, and I'm making it AGAIN today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made salmon cakes just yesterday :^)
    It's always my fallback when I get low on fresh ingredients...but I stopped by the market today so tonight I'm putting together flounder, yucca, and quinoa salad (which is a simple and tasty salad thingamabob and probably a future video).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the recipe! U're real cool, man!

    Lena

    ReplyDelete